Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Mount Kilimanjaro - Doing it the Lemosho Way - Day _2

Klimbing Cili – Day Minus 2

Schedules, schedules, logistics and then some..
It takes two days to book a life changing trip to Kilimanjaro, but a whole three weeks to find subs to take care of the kids while I’m gone! Nerve Wrecking!!! And certainly not life changing!!!

Three kids ⇒Three school pick up times per day ⇒ Two to three geographically-totally-unrelated sets of activities daily⇒ and ONE expat mom.. You do the math.. it simply does NOT add up; no matter how you look at it.

Miraculously it does.. Because I’m an expat mom and we EMs have that super power to make it all settle in place somehow. We develop our own beehive dance around pick ups, drop offs, extra tennis rackets, more snacks, endless water bottles and the most hilarious of car-time motivational speeches.. but it works! We make it work!

And I’ve got the greatest support system I’ve had in any of my expatriations.

So why does my plan look more like Haywire in a mad house than a well synchronized Beehive dance?? 

I’ve done the works.. Ballet? Check! Tennis? Check! Soccer? 4 times a week?? Also miraculously Check! Swimming? Check, check and check!! (well it’s for all three kids), Horseback riding? Costs a fortune that substitute ride, but still.. Check! Birthdays, school drop offs, pick ups.. Bike trainings, and Arabic lessons… It’s all in there and there is a beehive of seven kind souls, 7 fellow expat moms who have stepped in to lead the dance.. Will it work??


Still on my chair, in front of my computer, a cup of steaming mint tea in one hand and a buzzing whataspp group in the other. I’m reading through the last changes of that mighty schedule and I’m out of breath already. Kili is 3 days away and I have yet to twiddle my toes in my hardened hiking shoes and yet… I’m already exhausted!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment